PTA Meeting Minutes

 

PTA meeting Minutes
Date: Sept. 21, 2009
Time: 7:30 PM
Place: PS37R –  Main (Fairfield)

                                                           

PLEDGE SAID

 

MINUTES WERE READ FROM MAY 26TH MEETING

JACKIE TRIPODI ACCEPTED MINUTES

 

TREASURER’S REPORT READ

 

RAY READ ALL CORRESPONDENCE

 

NEW WEBSITE – PS37R.WORDPRESS.COM

 

BILL FIORELLI SPOKE

47 NEW STUDENTS CAME TO PS 37

WE HAVE 48 CLASSES TOTAL

9 CLASSES IN ANNEX

319 CHILDREN TOTAL

WE WILL HIRE 2 OT AND 1 PT

WE WILL HIRE NEW PSYCHOLOGIST FOR MAIN BUILDING

 

DONNA SPOKE

OCTOBER 6 –  ORIENTATION BREAKFAST

OCTOBER 17 – TRANSITION FAIR – AT HUNGERFORD

JACKIE TRIPODI SPOKE ABOUT THE STATEN ISLAND DISABILITY COUNCIL AND WHAT THEY OFFER

 

PS37RPTA@AOL.COM – MAILBOX

 

KATY SPOKE ABOUT CROP DAY ON OCTOBER 24

 

HALLOWEEN DANCE OCTOBER 27

 

PICTURE DAY OCTOBER 20

 

MEETINGS AT D 75 IN MANHATTAN

10/21 VISUAL SUPPORTS

12/9 ABA

1/14 SOCIAL SKILLS

 

JACKIE TRIPODI ADJOURNED MEETING 

PTA meeting Minutes
Date: Jan. 13, 2009
Time: 7:30 PM
Place: PS37R –  Main (Fairfield)

                                                           

 

Pledge said

Minutes read

Treasures reports of Nov. 2008 and Dec. 2008 read by Jeanette Schulman.
Rosa Sansevero and Stephane McAree accepted both the minutes of prior meeting as well as the treasurers reports

Bill Fiorelli spoke:
Student enrollment is the same
– They interviewed another speech therapist – she accepted and is being fingerprinted.
– 4 parent coordinators are meeting to arrange another resource fair
– Quality review will be done around March 2009. This year it will be done by retired principals as well as the Cambridge Group.
– Theraputic collaborative teaching in the classes will be decided some time this month. They are picking the classes that they will be working with. Once decided the parents will be informed.
– Mr. Fiorelli is meeting with the 4 other district 75 principals to discuss articulation to be prepared for Sept. 2009.

Sue Pugliese and Ray Hanratty spoke about the PTA Website

Sue Pugliese discussed a new ongoing fundraiser. Goodsearch.com (see fundraisers on website)

Linda LaSheen speaks:
– notices for upcoming meetings
– We need alarms for all doors in the main building as well as the annex – BOE will not pay for them. Mike the custodian will install if PTA pays for them. Approx. cost $300.00 each. Jackie Tripodi asked about the type of alarms that will be used (i.e. silent, stobbing and so on). As long as it does not effect the children all were in agreement.
– Bill Devry needs start up money ($300.00) that is used to pay for car service for parents to pick up their child when sick. Voted yes.
– Announced that we are planning a Night of the Stars fundraiser to be held possibly March 21. 2009. We are looking to donate monies to Autism Speaks, UCP as well as the school itself. Voted yes.
– School needs sound system
– Padding on stage in gym needs to be replaced.
– Asking teachers for wish list
– The children from our annex work at “Possibili Tees” and are selling the T-shirts they make while working there. The adults t-shirts costs $8.00 and childrens are $6.00. Funds that are raised are used for supplies and snacks for the children. (I will post of picture of the T-shirt – please look at fundraisers to see it.) Those interested please send your order to Marie Lara (at the main building) or Arlene Jaffe (at the annex). Do not forget to mention if it is for a child or adult and the size with your order/money.

Open Agenda:
– Jackie Tripodi motions to buy a digital camera and memory card for the use of the PTA. Not to exceed total of $200.00. Voted yes.
– Next meeting our speakers will be Jackie Tripodi and Mary Hernandez (Rescue Angel).
– Regina Colonna wants to know what is going on with lunch service for the annex. Her daughter claims the food is cold and she is diabetic and cannot eat most things they serve. Bill Fiorelli will look into matter.
– Jackie Tripodie advised of the Arise Coalittion meeting on Jan. 14, 2009 @IBR. SIDDSO meeting will be held on Jan. 30, 2009 Kathy Broderick will speak Jan. 31, 2009 camp fair. (please see the website for all the above meetings)

Meeting adjourned:
Jackie Tripodi and Ray Hanratty accepted.

Anyquestions or comments in regards to this meeting? Please leave them here, we will listen!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s